NEW: Boost your store with Customer Ray's powerful insights – Join our FREE early preview today!🚀🔓
Use our Featured Videos for WooCommerce plugin to give your customers a more detailed and engaging snapshot of your products. Uploading a featured video instead of a featured image makes products stand out and look so much more appealing. It’s simple and easy.
YouTube Videos on Products
Use social videos on your sales pages to show off your product in a better way! All you need is the video URL to add YouTube videos as the WooCommerce featured image for your product. Thumbnails are automatically generated from the YouTube or Vimeo video. You can override the thumbnail by selecting your own from the media library.
Self-Hosted Feature Videos
Now with Loop and Autoplay features!
You can use your own self-hosted videos! You can easily upload and select videos from the Media Library. You can even upload your own custom thumbnail and poster image for the video! Self-hosted videos use HTML 5 video player which is customizable and widely supported on both desktop, tablet, and mobile browsers.
How to add video to a WooCommerce product
Adding your fresh new featured video is super easy! Just go to any WooCommerce product and you’ll notice the featured video box on the right-hand side next to the product image box. Use the dropdown menu to select which type of video you’ll be using for the product.
- Choose the video source: This can be “Self Hosted” or “External”.
- You can now choose your video from the media libary or input the direct URL of a external video e.g a YouTube video link.
- Optional: Fill out any additional settings that are available for your selected source and save the product!
- That’s it! You can view the featured video the product page.
The plugin will automatically try to bring in the default thumbnail for YouTube videos. If you prefer to use your own then just upload it to the media library. For the best results just make sure your thumbnail is the same aspect ratio as the video you’ll be using.
Hit Save! That’s all you need to do.
What’s great about our Featured Videos Plugin?
- Automatically bring in thumbnails from YouTube, Vimeo into the product image gallery.
- Select your own thumbnail, or fallback to a built-in default thumbnail if none is selected
- Videos maintain the right aspect ratio! Both external and self hosted video players will keep the 16:9 aspect ratio.
- Caching of external embed data keeps your site fast because your site won’t ask external services like YouTube to send the Oembed data on every page load.
- Developer hooks available to programmatically set the Featured Videos on your product pages.
Supported Video Sites
Our plugin will automatically embed the your external videos from the following supported links. If your video site isn’t supported than you can always download the video and use it as a self hosted video by uploading it to your WordPress media libary.
Our Featured Videos plugin helps you make your products more engaging and stand out from the crowd!